Thanks to everyone who attended Laura’s webinar for BELTA today. You can download her slides and accompanying notes by clicking here.
If you couldn’t make it, you can still find all the relevant information on this blog, including:
- How to do a needs analysis with a multilingual group (and a video of this activity here)
- How to identify areas of overlap among different first languages (in a multilingual class)
- How to filter coursebook content to suit an ELF approach (examples from elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate and upper-intermediate levels of New Cutting Edge)
- Some dictation activities (ideal for exposing students in a monolingual context to other accents of English)
- Links to external websites which feature authentic audio recordings of a wide range of accents of English
- ‘Pronunciation Battleships‘ board games designed to practise pronunciation features relevant to particular L1 backgrounds
We hope to see you at a future event!