Thanks to those who attended Laura’s workshop at the ETp Live! conference in Brighton this weekend (20 June 2015). Here, you’ll find links to her presentation slides and handouts.
Workshop: English as a Lingua Franca and the Multilingual Classroom
- View the slides here.
- Download the overall session handout here.
- Download the LFC grid here and accompanying teacher’s notes here (remember to print on A3 paper!).
- Download here the real notes which students took during this dictation activity.
- Download here the feedback I gave these students.
Useful links to topics mentioned in the workshop
- If you picked up a copy of the LFC grid, you may find these instructions and illustration of how to use it useful.
- The grid is based on the LFC (Lingua Franca Core), which we explain here.
- Here is a full description, with examples, of how to do a student-student dictation in a multilingual class.