- prioritising areas for pronunciation work in a multilingual class
- adapting pronunciation activities from standard coursebooks for ELF purposes
- exploiting authentic materials
- raising students’ awareness of the responsibilities of the listener
- dealing with students’ misconceptions/negative perceptions of ELF
In the presentation, we refer to two handouts which attendees received: one was a summary of the presentation’s content (downloadable here) and one was a grid contrasting 12 different L1 backgrounds against the Lingua Franca Core (available to download from within another post on this blog, here). You can access our slides here.
Many thanks to the British Council for this opportunity, and to everyone who came along to Glasgow to take part.